Mr. Meister informed the Board about a small school summit to be held in Morrisonville where small districts in the area have been invited to share information on scheduling, resources, and social emotional learning.
Mr. Meister and Ann Little informed the board about proposed changes to the high school honor roll, increasing online dual credit opportunities for junior and seniors, as well as a proposal to allow MHS seniors to graduate early as long as they meet all state and local requirements.
Mrs. Willman informed the board about ongoing MAP testing, the use of Chromebooks in the grade school, Students traveling to the Taylorville YMCA for swimming lessons and that she has finished writing the Pre-K grant for next year.
The following action was taken by the Board during the meeting.
- Approved a Jr/Sr high track coop agreement with Pawnee
- Approved the changes in the high school honor roll
- High Honors 3.8 and above
- Honor Roll 3.5-3.7999
- Approved a proposal to allow MHS juniors and seniors to enroll in online college class that would also count for high school credit if approved.
- Approved the motion to allow for seniors to graduate following the fall semester of their senior year if all graduation requirements are met.
The next regular Board meeting will take place on Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:00 PM.