Prior to the start of the regular meeting, a hearing was held to hear comment on the administrative cost waiver application. There was no public comment.
The Board listened to a presentation by Tim Downen, architect with Hurst-Rosche concerning the upcoming 10 year Health-Life-Safety Survey that the district must complete this year. Mr. Downen explained the services that will be provided under the agreement for the cost of $11,100.
Also presenting to the Board was David Pistorious with First Mid State, Inc. Mr. Pistorious explained the possible effects that a proposed property tax freeze could have on Morrisonville CUSD #1 and options the district could consider to
help put the district in a better position if this law is passed.
Both Mrs. Willman and Ms. Little gave reports at the meeting and spoke of how well the buildings looked to begin the school year and gave appreciation to the building and grounds staff for their hard work over the summer. Registration was completed the first week of August and at this point the district enrollment is down by around 10 students from the 2014-15 enrollment. There are still a few students that have come late to register so we may get more.
Ms. Little and Mrs. Willman reported that the opening of the school year went very well and the teachers participated in training on the new school management system. There are still some bugs to work out but overall the system seems to be working well and the staff is adjusting to the change very well.
A preliminary budget was presented and will be on file in the district office as required prior to the adoption at the September 2015 Board meeting.
The item concerning nurse services to review medical needs for students with IEP’s was tabled as Mr. DePatis has found other options that could be cheaper for the district and still provide the required services. This is a new state requirement that the district must meet and will continue to explore options that will be more cost effective.
The following personnel actions were taken at the meeting:
- Approved contract with Hurst-Rosche for the 10 year HLS study
- Approved the application for the recognition of schools
- Approved the pay for extra-curricular trips driving time to match the sub driver rate. (currently $16.35/hr.)
- Approve the submission of the Administrative Cost Waiver Application
- Hired Daniel Bonnell as head JH basketball coach
- Hired James Moore as asst. JH basketball coach
- Approved maternity leaves for Brittany Winans and Megan Hanlon during the 2015-16 school year
- Approved the partnership with Illinois Virtual Schools
The meeting adjourned at approximately 10:00 PM.