The Curriculum Committee reported about their meeting. The committee continued ongoing discussions on revisions to the math curriculum at the Jr/Sr High School as well as other possible offerings to increase the options for the students. It was also reported that Mrs. Little and Counselor Megan Williams have begun meeting with the principal and counselor from Raymond-Lincolnwood to discuss possible academic coops for 2016-17. They will meet again the first week of December.
Principal Ann Little reported on the talks with Lincolnwood on academics as well as beginning the discussion to set the dates for graduation for the end of the 2015-16 school year. She also told the Board about an upcoming student assembly on bullying and the Fall Formal Dance which is taking the place of homecoming since we do not host the basketball at Morrisonville this year.
She reported on upcoming dates for the winter concerts. High School concert will be held on December 9th at 6:00 pm at the elementary building and the Elementary concert will be on December 11th at 6:00 pm at the high school.
Semester exams will be held on December 17th and 18th prior to the winter break.
Superintendent Gary DePatis report on the school reports cards. The state has not released the PARCC scores from last year yet so the report cards are not official yet. At this time the administrative team has decided not to publish the report cards until those results are available. Once we have those results we will post the school report cards on the district website.
Mr. DePatis also reported on an obligation to IMRF that is due to our participation in the EFE for our vocational courses. This obligation is a result of a situation that happened several years ago and is being divided between the member districts. Morrisonville has the smallest share of all the districts at $1776.73. This will be paid through the IMRF fund at the district.
Superintendent DePatis also gave the Board a preliminary tax levy for 2015. Due mainly to the increase in EAV for the district of nearly 4.5% the levy will be more than 105% of the previous year’s extension and therefore the district will be required to hold a truth in taxation hearing. This will be done at the beginning of the December 17th Board meeting.
The Board entered into closed session at approximately 8:00 pm and returned to open session at 9:15 pm. The purpose of the closed session was to cover employment issues.
The following action was taken by the Board during the meeting.
- Approved the funds distribution agreement with the Regional Superintendent’s office. This is due to now being a part of ROE 3 starting this year.
- Approved the preliminary tax levy resolution calling for a truth in taxation hearing.
- Approved the 1st reading of the following policies: 2:160; 2:260; 4:50; 5:50; 5:290; 7:10; 7:40; 7:310; 7:325; 8:10; and 8:80. These policies will come back for 2nd reading and adoption at the December meeting.
- Approved the Memorandum of Understanding with the Morrisonville Education Association.
- Approved Veronica Menossi as assistant JH volleyball coach for 2015-16 and John Steckel as webmaster for the district website as well as Mitch Belusko as assistant high school softball coach for 2015-16.
The Board was reminded that the December Board meeting will be held on Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:00 pm.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 9:30 PM.