December 17, 2015
The Morrisonville Board of Education met on Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 7:00 PM in the Unit Office. All Board of Education members were present. Also present were Superintendent Gary DePatis, Principal Ann Little and Principal Christy Willman
The meeting began with a Truth in Taxation hearing concerning the 2015 tax levy. There was no public comment and the hearing was adjourned.
Following the hearing on the tax levy the Board held an additional hearing concerning the potential issue of Working Cash bonds. There was also no public comment at this hearing and the hearing was adjourned.
The Curriculum Committee reported about their meeting. The committee continued ongoing discussions on revisions to the math curriculum at the Jr/Sr High School as well as other possible offerings to increase the options for the students. It was also reported that Mrs. Little and Counselor Megan Williams have met again with the principal and counselor from Raymond-Lincolnwood to discuss possible academic coops for 2016-17.
Principal Ann Little reported on the talks with Lincolnwood on academics as well as a successful food drive that was held in the Jr/Sr High School on December 11, 2015. The students brought in over 1700 lbs of food to be donated to the Morrisonville Food Pantry.
Principal Christy Willman reported that the Parent Club raised over $2000 in their fundraiser this fall and have purchased two wall mounted basketball hoops for the elementary gym, which will be installed over the break. She also reported that the Smart Board that was purchased using Scholastic dollars will also be installed in the library over the Christmas break. She thanked the maintenance staff for their assistance in completing these projects.
Superintendent Gary DePatis gave a very brief report on the school reports cards. The administrative team discussed this as the release of the PARCC scores was so close to the December meeting that they principals will give a more detailed report at the January meeting.
Mr. DePatis also gave an update on the obligation to IMRF that is due to our participation in the EFE for our vocational courses. If the EFE pays the obligation prior to the end of December the cost will be reduced from the previous estimate. The cost for Morrisonville CUSD #1 will be $1734.37. This amount was listed in the bills payable and approved by the Board at that time.
Superintendent DePatis also gave a preliminary report on information about the possible lease or purchase of new buses for the district. The district currently has three buses that are 10 years old or older and need to be replaced.
The following action was taken by the Board during the meeting.
- Approved the Consent Agenda which includes the payment of bills and the minutes of previous Board meetings.
- Approved the tax levy for 2015 to be filed with the county clerk’s office in both Christian and Montgomery Counties.
- Approved the 2nd reading and adoption of the following policies: 2:160; 2:260; 4:50; 5:50; 5:290; 7:10; 7:40; 7:310; 7:325; 8:10; and 8:80.
- Approved graduation dates as:
- 8th grade – Thursday, May 26, 2016, 7:00 pm
- High School – Friday, May 27, 2016, 7:00 pm
- Approved the 3-year Asbestos re-inspection with Hurst-Rosche.
- Approve the use of a district bus for the FCA ski trip to Portage, WI
- Approve a maternity leave for teacher Courtney DeClerck to begin around February 22, 2016 for the remainder of the 2015-26 school year.
The Board was reminded that the December Board meeting will be held on Thursday, January 21, 2015 at 7:00 pm.
The meeting adjourned at approximately 9:30 PM.